July 22nd we went to get an ultrasound done, per doc's orders, to check on little man's size... At that time, he was measuring about 4-5 weeks BIG in every single category. His brain, head, body, height, weight, EVERYTHING. The doctor kinda laughed and said "well, you're going to have a HUGE baby if you make it to due date". Since then, the doctors are guessing Colin will be about 10 pounds on due date, at least. OUCH.
On August 7th, Chris took me to get maternity photos done at Target and to get a 3D/4D ultrasound done of Colin, all for my birthday. He's such an amazing husband, and daddy-to-be! The pictures all came out GREAT! I'll post a few in here at the end. At the time of the ultrasound, Colin was measuring a little over 5 pounds and most babies at that point usually only way about 3-3.5 pounds, so needless to say, he is/was still HUGE. He was great for his ultrasound though. We got some great pictures of his little face. He is SOOOOOOOO handsome. We really can't wait to meet him!
Since the ultrasound, we've just been having standard OB check ups for me and all that good stuff. Everything has been going great. My back is killing me and I've had some slight swelling in my hands and feet, but that's all been expected. We've had a few "scares" at the doc's office where my blood pressure will be really high, but everyone says it's just because I'm freaking myself out everytime I go in there. haha! Next week starts my weekly OB appointments where I will start getting the "checks" done to see if/how much I've begun to dialate. Our doctor agreed if I start to dialate on my own that she will probably induce me at 39 weeks so that I can attempt for a natural (with drugs) and not be too freaked out by Colin's size and opt for a c-section without trying. So, we'll see how it goes!
I look giagantic. No one thinks I'll make it to October. We will see! It'd be nice to meet little man a little earlier, but I keep trying to tell myself that he's going to come when HE is ready, not when we are. haha At least most everything is ready for him to get here! His room is completed and I've washed all of his clothes up through 6 months. We even got his bassinet put together last night. :-) This afternoon, Chris and I are going to meet with a pediatrician for Colin. He has great reviews, so I hope we really like him! We get to go on an office tour and all that good stuff to decide if we want him to be Colin's doc or not. I hope it works out so we don't have to go to anymore doc appointments. hehe! Next week we go for another ultrasound to check Colin's size one more time before he gets here. Can't wait to see how big our little man has gotten! Then the following Saturday we are going to our lamaze class at the hospital. PHEW!
We've been soooo busy the last month or so, and are going to continue being busy until Colin gets here. We are so excited to meet him! I can't say that enough. I'll try to stay up top of the updates as much as I can over the next few weeks. Until next time, here's some pictures for your enjoyment, and a 35 week belly pic! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment