Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Progress and Our First Hospital Visit

Things are starting to progress! I went to my 36 week appointment yesterday and found out that I am fingertrip dilated (a little less than 1 cm, but hey, it's something!), 50% effaced (cervix is halfway thinned), and -3 station (baby's head is still pretty far up there, but he has at least dropped). So, that's exciting! I hope we get even more progress when I go back next Monday!

On top of the appointment, I once again was cursed with high blood pressure there. I always feel fine when I go to this doc, but for some reason I ALWAYS have high blood pressure. So, yesterday when the doc got a reading of 145/101, she decided I needed to be checked out. Soooooo, she sent me to the hospital where we plan on delivering Colin at. I had to sit there for about 4 hours hooked up to a machine that checked my blood pressure automatically every 10 minutes and they also did some bloodwork to rule out pre-eclampsia. Everything came back perfect! My blood pressure never once was high. Strange, I know. Thankfully, Chris was able to get out of work right away and came up to sit with me, otherwise I would've been bored out of my mind sitting in that room all by myself for so long! I think my call to him saying "hey wanna come with me at the hospital?!" kinda freaked him out. hehe :-) So, we were discharged last night and I've been home just hanging out and taking it easy.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to go meet with pediatrician #2 for Colin. I hope I like this one! Chris isn't near as picky as I am, so I am a lot harder to please. hehe And on Thursday we get to go for one more ultrasound to check Colin's size. I am so excited to see how gigormous he has gotten! Will post those details later on. Bye bye, for now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment