Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's almost time!!!!

Well, the last two Mondays I've had normal OB visits with our Doctor. Each time, we have no progressed anymore than on the 14th. It seems as though either Colin is just really comfy in there, or just can't manage to fit into my pelvis where he SHOULD be right now. He is still very high up and doesn't look like he'll be budging anytime soon. At this most recent appointment on Monday, my blood pressure was once again higher than it should be. Doctor decided to send me to the hospital for some more monitoring. Wooooo. Except this time, her sending came with some great news. She said "if the hospital decides to admit you this time, do you mind being induced tonight?!" TONIGHT?!!?! I thought... oh my. I know I keep saying how ready I am to meet our little guy, but I'm just not THAT ready yet! I explained that my parents won't be into town until Saturday morning, and while they could get out here the next day, I'd rather have a few more days to get ready. So, I suggested if I promise to be good and relax more, hopefully we can just induce next week. With all of that, I went to the hospital and what do you know.. my blood pressure was perfect! Haha Something about the doctor's stresses me out and the hospital relaxes me I guess. Who knows. Well, since we seem to keep having this issue and with Colin measuring incredibily HUGE, the doctor scheduled me for induction. We will be induced at 2:00pm on Monday, October 4th! Ahhh!! Now it is officially SO real to me, and everyone else. Less than a week from now and our little man will finally be in our arms! We are so ecstatic... and quite a bit nervous at the same time. Chris of course is much more calm and laid back than I am... he's so easy going. He's my perfect match. He really knows how to keep me grounded and keep me from freaking out. :-)

The induction will start at 2:00pm with Cervidil to hopefully soften my cervix. If all goes well, 12 hours later they will start the Pitocin to get the contractions going. My doc already said that a regular birth doesn't sound too promising at this point, and that it's looking that I'll end up with a c-section, but you just never know, so she wants me to give it a shot. I wanna give it a shot. Chris really thinks we can successfully do this, and I do, at times... so let's try it! Colin has to get here one way or another and I won't be too heartbroken as to how it is as long as the result is a healthy baby and momma!

This week has just been consisting of me rushing around trying to get last minute things done. I planned on waiting until my parents got here to do some things, but decided to get them all done now, and only leave the major grocery shopping trip for when they are here. My parents arrive Saturday morning and are so absolutely excited to see this little guy, too. We're all so excited! My parents will be here until the 18th, and then on the 20th Chris' mom gets into town to help out for about a week. It will be great having all of the extra help. Especially with the dog and cat. I definitely think Duke & Snickers have figured out that there's something new going on in the house because they act a little nuts at times. This will be an adjustment for all of us!

So, this time next week, Colin Nicholas will be here! YIPPEE!!!! I will be sure to post pictures, although I'm sure it will take me a while. OH! I forgot the last time I posted was before our last ultrasound. On Sept 16th, we had one more ultrasound to check Colin's size and he was already at 8 pounds 1 ounce... at just over 36 weeks! That's bigger than many babies at 40 weeks! Ah! He's gonna be a big boy. That kinda backs up why my doc is thinking a c-section will be the result.

On a sad note, and off topic with baby stuff... Rusty, our beloved kitty cat of 14 years passed away on September 10th. It was absolutely one of the saddest days of my life. :-( I miss him greatly, although he's been back in Florida with my parents this entire time. I missed him before he passed away. He was such an awesome kitty! It kills me to know that he couldn't even die a peaceful death, but I'd rather not get into details and get all sad again. :-( We love and miss you sooooo much, Rusty! You were the best cat, EVER! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment