Well, we put it on layaway at least. :-) We got the crib that I posted in a previous post. It's a crib for life. It eventually can turn into a toddler bed, day bed, the a full size bed. Cool, huh? We decided on the wood stain color of Cinnamon instead of Cherry. It's a little more brown than the cherry color. We LOVE it. We got really lucky. The place in Florida that we found the crib at sold it for $479, BUT it would cost about $200 to ship it out here. Ouch. So, we checked out here to see if anyone else carried it. And guess what? ONE store in the entire state, which happened to be in Vegas, carried it. The only down side was that this place was WAY more pricy. The crib we wanted was $699 but on sale this weekend for $549. I heard this place matched prices, but only local ones and 'some' internet ones but I figured I'd give it a shot. I told the manager (and showed her proof) that I found it for WAY cheaper in Florida. She tried telling me that I'd have to pay for shipping from Florida, blah blah. And I said "no, my parents will drive it out here, so really I don't care where we purchase it from!" So, I think she thought "oh, crap". I told her if she could match it, we would buy it this week and at least put it on layaway today. After a little bit, she agreed. Put $50 down, pay 1/3 by Friday and we can keep it on layaway for 6 months. SWEET! Of course now I'm thinking... we didn't want to spend more than $1000 on all of the baby's "big" items like furniture, paint, etc and we just dropped down over $500 (after tax) on this crib. Whoops. Oh well. :-) This crib is amazing and I absolutely LOVE it. I can skimp on things like paint brands and other things. :-P Plus, I figure that since we are buying this crib before we even know the gender, it will be perfect for either and will be perfect for our 2nd child, or 3rd, or 4th. ;-)
We are soooooo excited for this baby to get here! We are 8 weeks today! 32 weeks or so to go! I told Dad today to expect to be put to work when he gets here. Dad and Chris need to put the crib together and move furniture around in the office to make a guest room and give us an open nursery for the baby. Yay! I can't contain my excitement. :-) :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment