Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's definitely a baby in there!!

We had our first ultrasound this morning. It was absolutely the most amazing experience I've ever experienced. The nurse practioner did the ultrasound and handled our entire first appointment. She said the baby is measuring at about 6 weeks and 2 days, so we are a bit off on our dates. The new estimated due date of Baby McPeak is October 16th! We got to see the baby's heartbeat. It was beating at about 150-160 beats per minute. It was SOOO cool seeing the little flicker of the heartbeat on the ultrasound screen. The nurse practioner said that everything looked perfect, so we are SO happy! I go back in 4 weeks for my next appointment. They scheduled me for 3 appointments in the next two months, so I can't really remember what is in the next appointment. I know they will be doing some genetic testing and such during the next couple of appointments, too. We should find out in about 10-12 weeks if we are having a little girl or boy! Yay! I'm so happy and so blessed that we have a healthy little baby growing inside of me. :-) Here's one of the ultrasound pictures that we got today!

No comments:

Post a Comment