FINALLY! We're pregnant! I decided to keep this blog on every single detail throughout our pregnancy, seeing how I'm already forgetful, once the pregnant brain kicks in, I'm sure it will only get worse! HAHA Feel free to read along, be entertained or bored, but be sure that you will find out all of the details and things that you probably didn't even care to know! This is more or less here since our families live on the other side of the country and we want them to be as much of a part of this as possible! We also plan on printing this out when the baby is born so that he/she can read it when he/she grows up.
So, here's some of the details I have so far. I woke up yesterday morning, earlier than normal. I guess because I knew I had a doctor's appointment at the OB-GYN to go over my infertility test results that afternoon. For some random (really, I had NO reason to do this), I took one of the pregnancy tests that I had under the sink in the bathroom. A minute (which felt like forever!) or so went by and what do you know? POSITIVE. It was a very faint positive, so I was a bit nervous to get my hopes up. I immediately called Chris and was like "Honey, I guess it's a good thing that I have a doctor's appointment today. I just took one of the tests and it came out positive!" And Chris being so busy at work replies "What test?" Duhhh... Then he realized and was just as excited and shocked as I was! We decided to wait until the doctor's appointment because we didn't really know what a faint positive test could mean.
So, I decided to call a couple of my closest girlfriends and see if they had ANY idea what that kind of test could mean! And leave it to sweet Katie, she demanded I go and get another test just to make sure. She had a good point. Why go to the doctor thinking I'm pregnant, then find out I'm not? At least if the other tests come out negative, then that first test was just messed up. So, I ran my butt up to the store. The suspense was killing me because it was still 3 hours until my scheduled appointment. Well, in the mean time I got a voicemail from the doctor's office saying they needed to re-schedule due to the doctor having to leave. Well, I figured I'd see what the other tests came out to be before I called them back, incase my appointment "details" were going to change.
So, while on the phone with Katie, I took another pee into a cup, dipped in the first digital pregnancy test and then the second one. Why not? Two came in the pack. So, I sat the tests on the bathroom counter and waited... AND waited... the little hour glass kept flashing and flashing... PREGNANT. OH MY GOD, REALLY?! I just broke into tears. I'm so glad Katie made me go get another test. We're pregnant! I immediately hung up with her and called the doctor's office. I told them my appointment needed to change for sure! So, I explained to the lady all of the details. "yes, this is my first child... the first day of my last period was Jan 4th... can I come in now to see the doctor, please?" No. "The doctor will see you when you are between 7 and 9 weeks, so how does February 24th work for you?" AHH. Okay. Great! 9:30 a.m. February 24th we get to see our little peanut! I called Chris right away and told him the amazing news! We are SO pregnant! Oh my gosh! 3 tests = positive! Now I've got to figure out when I'm due!
Oh my goodness, I can NOT wait to tell our families. We are going home to visit in a couple of weeks, so I think we are going to announce the news then. (If I can last that long). We bought some baby bibs today that said "I Love Grandma" and "I Love Grandpa" on them, and then a couple picture frames that I'm going to put a sweet baby poem in.
It's still really, really early in the pregnancy, so we don't want to make a huge announcement quite yet. If my calculations are correct, I am 3 weeks and 6 days pregnant, which means the baby (or babies. HAHA) is due on October 11, 2010.
I'm just still in shock that we got pregnant so fast after the infertility tests and the HSG procedure! Even crazier that we find out we're pregnant the day we're supposed to go see the doctor about infertility medications! This has seriously been such a blessing. We are so absolutely excited to be parents. I've already been stocking us up on the baby books and we're looking at tons of baby names online!
As for symptoms, nothing really yet. I mean, I'm tired but I'm always tired, I think. I'm a bit bloated. I felt a little nauseous this morning, but I think my mind is just playing tricks on me right now. And, my boobs feel extreeeemely sore. I mean they feel like how they do at period time, but I swear they just feel like they are going to explode. Chris thinks that's all in my head, too. :-)
I will do my best to post each and every day with updates throughout this exciting new adventure in our lives! I can't wait until we make the announcement so that everyone can begin catching up on this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment