Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Gave In!


So, I gave in! I told my parents about the wonderful news! My dad's mom is in Florida visiting with my parents, so I figured she can enjoy this experience along with them, too. I decided to put the picture of the pregnancy tests in an email and said "This is why we didn't go sledding this weekend..." as the subject. Chris bought me a new sled last week so we could go yesterday to go sledding up at Mt. Charleston, but as soon as we found out the news, figured it probably wasn't a good idea to go sledding down a mountain when I'm pregnant. :-) SO, yesterday my mom couldn't understand when I told her why we weren't going sledding. I just kept saying we might go another time. haha SO, needless to say, my parents were absolutely shocked. When they got the email my mom called me on the verge of hysterics. She was balling her eyes out and I heard my dad just giggling in the background. They are just SO excited! My Grandma was really happy to be able to see that e-mail, too. She has dinosaur email so I would have never been able to send her that picture. So, my parents both talked to Chris and were just so excited to call him "Dad". I knew my mom was going to be thrilled, but I was even more excited to see how happy my dad was. Well, after that I called up my mom's mom and said "Hey, check your email... now. I sent you something that you might like". Haha She got on the email on the phone with me and opened the picture and just said "OH MY GOSH!!! MANDY IS PREGNANT!!!!" So, she was absolutely thrilled, too! I have a feeling we'll be going shopping for maternity clothes when we go home to visit. Yay! After that, I gave my brother a call. He was his typical grumpy self when he answered the phone so I really quickly said "You're going to be an Uncle, Bye". That got his attention REALLY quick. Haha He was really, really excited I think, too. Of course he gave some ridiculous names that we should name the baby, that's Eddie's humor for you. :-)

So, I gave in! We are still holding back and telling the rest of Chris' family and our friends when we get home. I'm still really, really excited to tell everyone!

Chris took me grocery shopping today to find some snacks that "should" help cure the morning sickness; crackers, lifesavers, ginger ale, gatorade, etc. Let's hope these help! Well, that's about it for today. I still feel like crap. Just a nauseous/dizzy headache. Time to snuggle up with my amazingly wonderful husband and watch a movie! :-)

Almost forgot... here's a picture to see the belly before it gets huge! Here's my belly at 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment