Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

20 Weeks... Half way there!!!!

We went for our 20 week check up last week. Ultrasound confirmed that we are still having a handsome little boy! He is measuring in the 93rd percentile for height, therefore, he is going to be tall like his Daddy! They said as long as he doesn't have a crazy growth spurt, he should be around 7 pounds at birth, but with our history of both being 10 pound babies, count on him being big. So, somewhere between 7 and 10 pounds... quite a gap there if you ask me. As long as he's healthy, who cares?! :-) After the ultrasound I met with the doc again, who was quick to rush me and have his typical horrible bed side manner. This was our last appointment with his office. I want to enjoy going to see my doc throughout this pregnancy, not feel rushed or stupid when I go. So, we switched doctors!

We are now seeing a woman doctor. She is amazing! Chris and I went to meet her on Monday. She was running a little bit behind schedule, which is completely understandable because she is the only doc in that office and she really takes her time with her patients. She didn't have our paperwork from the previous doctor, but said she would go over them as soon as she got them and contact us with any questions or concerns. She answered all of my questions (and of course, I had a brain fart and was forgetting most of them). She was so sweet and really made me feel comfortable. She checked for a heartbeat. I'm pretty sure that little man was sleeping during it. His heartbeat measured a healthy 140 beats per minute.

Over the last week or so, I've really been feeling little man moving around in there. I'm about 99% sure that I am definitely feeling kicks. He likes to sleep in in the morning, like his momma and daddy and I hope he stays that way! He gets a little wiggly around the late morning and then in the evening around dinner time. Sometimes it feels like he is trying to escape through my belly button! Haha This morning I feel him hanging out around the left side of my hip, definitely kicking away!

Throughout the pregnancy, I've gained about 8 pounds so far. Not too shabby. Of course, it kills me when I step on that scale each time, but the docs have been quite pleased with my weight gain.

Aside from baby updates, today Chris and I are celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary. These have been the most amazing three years of my life and I can't wait for many more to come!

Happy Anniversary to my AMAZING Husband! I Love You with ALL of my heart!!!!

For your viewing pleasure... a belly pic! This one is from 20 weeks and my belly is definitely getting bigger each and every day. At least you can get the idea. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment