Anyways, so for the updates! We had a doc appointment on April 8th. This one was where they did the NT Scan for Downs Syndrome, Trisomy, etc. Everything went great! Since I'm forgetting some of the details (my brain is moving slow today. HAHA), I'll post the email that I sent our families and friends right after the appointment with ALL of the details!
Today baby was quite the entertainer! We went in for an ultrasound so that they could check for any genetic disorders such as Downs Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, and Trisomy. When the ultrasound tech started the ultrasound, baby was kicking its legs and stretching out and bouncing all over the place! When it came time for the ultrasound tech to start getting measurements (she had to measure the back of its neck to check for Downs Syndrome, so baby needed to sit up some and not be laying its head on my bladder, like it was), the baby decided it was pooped and went right to sleep. After lots of poking, me standing up and sitting up, and bouncing the baby all around, baby refused to wake up! Sleeps through anything like its Daddy. :-) So, the ultrasound tech decided to see if we could tell the gender since the baby's legs were opened up. Right when she got down there, baby decided to be modest (also Daddy!) and crossed its little legs! Baby refused to ever open its legs up for a good gender shot, so of course, we have no clue what "it" is yet! Baby eventually woke up at the very end and put its arm up by its forehead like "PHEW! That was rough!", so that was really funny. Needless to say, baby was being stubborn like its momma and refused to wake up like its daddy! All in all, the ultrasounds turned out great. No noticeable genetic disorders. I had to get some bloodwork done to go along with those tests, but we're sure that everything will be just fine! Sometime in May, probably the end of the month, IF baby is cooperative, we should find out the gender for sure. Woo Hoo!
So, yeah, we have a little stubborn entertainer on our hands already! hehe It's just absolutely amazing. I've truly learned and felt what people mean when they say the love between a mother and their child is uncomparable. I am so completely and absolutely with this little baby growing inside of me. I never thought I could be so attached already, but I really am. I cannot imagine my life without this baby now.
Daddy Chris has been AMAZING. He loves feeling my stomach where it's harder and I let him feel the lump (when I can find it) where the baby is at. He has been so incredibly helpful with household chores, taking care of the animals, and even taking care of me. He runs me baths and rubs my back whenever it hurts. Even after working 55+ hours (and some extra nights for the next few weeks), he always has time to make sure that I am doing and feeling okay. I have been so blessed to have such an amazing man by my side. I love him with everything I am and could not ask for anything more!
My parents will be here in less than 3 weeks. We are really excited! Dad is going to help Chris get the baby's dresser upstairs and put the crib together. The first day they are in town, we are going to get a 3D/4D ultrasound and surprise my mom because that will be the big one when we find out the gender! Yay! My mom has NO clue. Dad's in on it with us, too. :-)
We have a doc appt this coming Thursday am. They say it's just a normal OB visit, but the last time they said that, we got an ultrasound, so I'm not really sure what this one will consist of. If they do an ultrasound, there may be a chance to see the gender then, so we'll see!
Not too many updates other than that. I think I am occasionally feeling the baby wiggle around in there, but I'm not 100% sure. I can definitely tell where the baby is in there because it's a little lump and when I try to move around or bend over, sometimes it's harder if the baby is right there. It's so incredible!
Well, I'll update some more soon and try to stop slacking on it so much. School has been keeping me so busy and OH YEAH, I got another part-time job at the college book store again, so I'm doing that a few days a week now, too. :-) Enjoy the newest ultrasound pictures of our little bundle of joy. It's already got my pouty lips and Daddy's nose. And go figure, it's the cutest baby we've ever seen already! ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment