Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

So many updates! Gosh, I sure am slacking!

We have so many updates that I have no idea where to start. I guess I will start with last week, Wednesday. I decided to be silly and go to Walgreens and pay $30 for the Intelligender at home gender test. Carrie and Sara said they both did it, and got boy responses so I thought I'd give it a shot, too. Sara did have a boy and Carrie hasn't found out yet what she's having, so I'm still a bit skeptical. Anyways, I did it and from what I can tell, it looks as though the test came out to say Boy! I'll post the pics and see what you all think. It was fun to at least try. I know it's a 50/50 chance either way. lol So, last Thursday I had an OB appointment. I assumed it would just be where they would check me and make sure all is well with my bloodwork etc. I have an appt set for April 8th to do the NT and CF testing (genetic testing), and will have an ultrasound then, so I figured I wouldn't get one this time. Chris got so busy at work and unfortunately wasn't able to make it to the appointment. He was really bummed. Well, got to my appt, and get into the exam room and the doc immediately does an ultrasound. WHAT?! I was so happy and excited to see our baby, but so upset that Chris couldn't be there. The doc turned on the sound and I heard baby's heartbeat for the first time! AMAZING. Sounding like a bunch of whooshing and galloping horses. It was truly music to my ears. The doc knew I really wanted Chris there so he let me record him doing the ultrasound on his iPhone so that I could send the video to him. The doc pointed out where everything was and showed us where the baby's heart was and arms, legs, everything. The baby is so active! He/she was waving its arms all over the place almost as if saying "hey mom! i'm okay in here, don't worry!" It's so crazy that I can't feel this little thing moving all around inside of me. I'll post the video and ultrasound picture on here that I got from the doc. He drew a cartoon on one of them to show where all of the baby's body parts are. So cute! Unfortunately, he didn't even attempt to look for any "private" parts, so still no guess on gender! The baby is measuring 9 days early though!! That makes my due date October 7th now. The doc said he's not officially changing it yet, but not to be surprised. That's fine because we were guessing October 11th anyways before the other doc gave us the due date of October 16th. I'll be sure to post after next week's appointment, too!




And last but not least, Chris took me on an amazing weekend getaway! We drove over to California on Friday. We stayed in Marina del Rey which was such a pretty city! We went to dinner on Manhattan Beach and drove around Malibu and Santa Monica. Gorgeous! On Saturday we rode a ferry over to Catalina Island and spent the day there. That is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. What an amazing place! We had a blast. It was so nice to get away for the weekend and have some peace and quiet without Duke & Snickers driving us up a wall. Haha And can't hurt making a little trip before I get all huge and uncomfortable as the baby gets bigger, making me bigger! The baby is about 2-2.5 inches by the way. :-)






That's about all of the updates for now! We are doing good here!! Really looking forward to October, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment